I'm sure you have heard of the term "Content Marketing".
You may even have heard about the concept of creating and distributing content online. In this article I will discuss the importance of Content Marketing in your freelance writing business and how it can help you scale your business.
Why Is Content Marketing Important?
1. It's FREE - Yes, that's right, you don't need to pay anyone to create and distribute content. This is a huge benefit because most people think that they need to pay someone to write articles or create videos for them. Not true.
2. It's Fast - Creating content isn't difficult or time consuming. If you want to create something like an ebook or a video you can do it quickly with a simple website or blog. You can also use sites like YouTube to get started.
3. It's Effective - If you have ever tried to promote a product or service online you know that the best way to do so is through links back to your website. Content marketing does exactly that. It allows you to create content and then distribute it in a way that allows you to gain more visibility online and ultimately make more money.
4. It's EASY - When you create content it can be very easy to do. If you have never written a single article or video before, there are many tools online that can make this process much easier. If you don't have any technical skills you can easily find an editor who can take care of that for you.
5. It's Flexible - The best thing about content marketing is that it's completely flexible. You can create as much or as little content as you want. If you don't have the time to create content today you can simply write an article and put it up later.
6. It's Scalable - One of the biggest problems for new freelancers is that they feel like they need to create all of their content from scratch. This isn't necessary. There are many tools available that allow you to create content quickly and easily. With these tools you can create as much content as you want, whenever you want.
7. It's Rewarding - Once you begin to see some results from your content marketing efforts, you'll realize just how rewarding it can be. Even if you're only getting one visitor per month, the effort you've made will definitely pay off in the end.